All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The hounds turned out to be puppies

So much for the Hounds of Hell....
I did a little better in the Mook tonight - did not go out 1st or 2nd.
Went out 41st out of 59, on what I think is a bad beat, not that it matters.
I raise with AQ sooted against AJ and he rivahed a J. Sucker.

Then, on a short stack, went in with A2 sooted, and lost....booooooo

So, I'm still learning and reading my book. Today I learned about position, and raising when I have a hand. Ray says that I should raise more than 2x. 3x or 4x will push someone off their hand faster than 2x. It says I have the best hand. He says that I should not play out of position. That I have more control this way. All this I'm sure is like, DUH, to you bloggers. But, it's back to the basics for me.

We'll see how next week goes.

By the way, my sis is dialated 2.5 cm. They will induce her in 2 weeks if she does not go into labor.

2 comments:

slb159 said...

Seems like the time is getting close for you to become an Aunt. Congrats!

Yeah, min raising does no g00t unless it's deep in a tourney where the blinds are so high that they actually matter. Keep sucking up the advice (did I just say that?) from smoke and you'll do fine.

The blogger tourneys are extremely tough to deal with because of what I commented before about the aggression factor, so you have to adjust your game according to the playahs (spelling compliments of Ick).

I've recently done really well on other sites playing the non-blogger degenerates, but have yet to have any success in any large MTT's. (Made it into the 3rd hour a few times in some, but nothing materialized).

I'll be sure to work on that.

Best of luck to you and smoke...thx for stopping by my site and I'll run into you at the "Big Blue" table (Final Table) at a large MTT on FullTilt soon enough.

We're bound to get there!

SirFWALGMan said...

Glad to see you improving.