All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Let the Games Begin...The Big Day is Coming

OSU vs. MICHIGAN

Just let me think back....("we are the champions" is playing in the background)







2002 BIG TEN CHAMPS,

2003 TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL CHAMPS,

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY

2002 NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

(For all you doubters, which there were a bunch, stick that in your pipe and smoke it)


Every kid growing up in America longs for one time of the year.....Christmas - and why not. I did. Come on, name me one holiday that can beat it. The presents flow like water, bowl week is just around the corner, everybody is happy - and hell, even your parents get along! "What a bargain!!"

I can remember as a child looking through all the magazines and Sunday fliers for the coolest toys on the market. Mom always asked me what I wanted from Santa, and I knew every year that I had to have a quick solid list ready for her (which usually consisted of anything Barbie, easy-bake, or dress-up). I circled the ads and even cut them out in hopes that mom could put the good word in to Santa Claus for me (after all, mom's can do anything). I eagerly waited and anticipated what would come on Christmas day. Thankfully, mom and Santa Claus were in cahoots together, so I always received everything I wanted.

As the time continued to pass, and Barbie was no longer cool (wait, Barbie is always cool), I began to think of better and more creative things to ask for - CD's, items for my room, Buckeyes clothes, Browns items, and pretty much anything involving clothes and assesories. During Grad school @ Ohio State, I became hypnotized by the Buckeyes. I loved every aspect of them, the players, the school, the history, and the amazing fans; getting up at 8am, trecking down to campus with my sis, parking in some friend's lawn, and starting to DRINK. There was no other place that I wanted to be than in Columbus. Go Bucks!!

It started in 1995. An undefeated team consisting of a Heisman Trophy winner; an Ohio State and Big Ten record breaking quarterback; a studly tight end; a defensive squad consisting of legendary players; and an offensive lineman who would eventually change the way people look at the Heisman race - proceeded to go undefeated, easily beating their opponents, and then one false move - bam, it's over. Just like that. The National Championship race was over. I, along with the rest of the Buckeye nation, was devastated. How could this happen? We're Ohio State - we're suppose to win....right? Wrong. In the Big Ten, anybody can win on any given day (as was also seen in 1996 and 1998).

From that time forward, when my mom asked me what I wanted from Santa - I would tell her I wanted a Buckeyes National Championship. She would always laugh and tell me, "Honey, you know, if I could I would - but that's asking a lot!"

So, there it was in 2002: the Buckeyes return to glory in a historic season consisting of so many stomach curling games that I think I dry-heaved enough to last me the rest of my life. No joke, I thought I was going to toss my cookies at that game in Tempe. What a game!!

Thank you Buckeyes, thank you to the 13 seniors, and thank you Mom - for the best Christmas gift anyone could ask for.

I FEEL CONFIDENT THAT WE WILL PREVAIL AGAIN AGAINST THE WOLVERINES....AND MAKE OUR WAY TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPS GAME!!!

O-H-I-O.....GOOOOOOOOO BUCKS!!!!

2 comments:

smokkee said...

TROJANS !

Love_elf said...

ya, WHATEVAH with that shit

O-H-I-O
O-H-I-O
O-H-I-O
O-H-I-O