All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

All's fair in Poker - NOT!!!

So, was playing in the Mookie this week, and was doin okay.
I was getting cards and my betting was a little better this round (I think).

I even had the cojones to take my lovah Smokkee out with AA vs 99.
Yuck, ick, boooooooo
I did not feel good about this. I'm what you call a "nice" player - I don't like to take my friends out of tournies because it makes me feel bad.
Boo freakin Hoo (Smokkee would say)
I'm not even one of those hard-core players that plays a lot.
Once a week, I play the Mook. Nothing else.

However, I have determined that I need to toughen up because I find that not all players are nice players.
Most players will not hesitate to slit your throat and watch your tounament life drain down your neck, from your body, and into the gutter.
Like slb for instance:

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to love_elf [Qc Kd]
slb159 raises to 440
love_elf raises to 885, and is all in
slb159 calls 445
love_elf shows [Qc Kd]
slb159 shows [Ts Th]
*** FLOP *** [Tc 4h Jd]
*** TURN *** [Tc 4h Jd] [Jc]
*** RIVER *** [Tc 4h Jd Jc] [Ac]
love_elf shows a straight, Ace high
slb159 shows a full house, Tens full of Jacks
slb159 wins the pot (1,830) with a full house, Tens full of Jacks

Suck Suck, Holy suck Suck!!!!!!!!!
While this is not really a suck out, I just like saying it, and was pretty pissed off - at Poker - at slb - at the World. I mumbled a few explatives, and shut down the line for the night.

Just kidding, buddy slb.
You did alright. I'm glad to give you my chips.
Better you than a stranger.

1 comment:

smokkee said...

ya, if you don't kill them shorties when you get the chance. it can come back to bite you.

POKER IS WAR !!