All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Miss the sissy's belly already!! Oh, and some IMPORTANT poker stuff...

So, I'm sitting in the airport waiting to get on the plane that will take me 2,500 miles away from my pregnant sister and her large belly (she's over 8 months pregnant - due Nov. 17th). I'm filled with such a mixture of emotions: sadness for not being right there next to her, and fear because she is about to experience something scary and new, and a wee bit painful.

You see, my sister is my best friend. She is one of the few people that has stood beside me through all my ups and downs, the crazy decisions, the heartbreaks, the victories and the day-to-day stuff. Although she is 4 years younger than me, we lived together for several years at Ohio State; she as an undergrad and me in grad school. Although I'm the older sister, many times she was the wiser one.

I was honored to the Maid of Honor at her wedding. And am now honored to be the Aunt of her first child. And did I mention her husband? Perhaps the NICEST man on the face of the Earth! He would do anything for you, without you asking. He takes good care of my baby sis, and I'm eternally greatful.

So, the baby's sex is unknown. They just want him or her to be healthy. This drives me crazy because I'm ready to SPOIL the child already, and one can only purchase so many yellow/cream/green outfits!!! Also, those sneeky suckers are not giving up the goods on the name! UGH! What's a Mega-spoiling Aunt to do??

Oh well, I'll have to wait. Which I'm not good at. Patience is something I have to practice. Which MAY be why my poker game is shit. I get impatient, and do stupid things. Any advice from anyone would be appreciated. I would like to start taking poker more seriously. Smokk bought me a book: The Psychology of Poker. I think I'll read it. Anyway, look out bloggers....the hounds of hell have been unleashed, and are comin to getcha!!

2 comments:

smokkee said...

i hope it's a boy!

you know i'll spend as much time you want showing your how i spank noobs. you should start with Phil Gordon's Little Green Book tho.

slb159 said...

Just buy everything pink since food coloring works well in case you get the 50:50 wrong. Just treat it as a coin flip in poker...but one you can fix.

I've never read a poker book outside of doubleas' (guess I should read more) but I'm ENTIRELY impatient as well, epecially in the blogger events, since the play is so aggro and I'm always getting pushed around and therefore get frustrated.

Not to kiss anyone's ass, but I learned a lot of patience by watching your guy playing the token races, watching him fold to almost less than 1000 chips before even seeing a flop...in a turbo! Unlikely I would ever have played that way in the past, but I'm learning as I go.

Best of luck.