All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

So you lose some, and you lose some

The last few weeks of football have been rough.
My Bucks lose, my Chargers lose.
How could 2 teams that are sooo favored, lose so badly?
I don't understand.

I'm not sure which is worse, losing all season, or winning all season and screwing up unexpectedly - in the playoffs, in the Championship game.
You see, my football team breakdown is this: Ohio State Bucks, Cleveland Browns, San Diego Chargers.
I grew up in Cleveland, and remain loyal to my OH teams. I love the Indians, the Browns and the Cavs.
Since I'm a big fan of the football, I put my heart mostly into those teams.
I like baseball, on a nice Sunday afternoon, sitting in the sun, drinkin an ice cold beer.
I'm not a huge fan of basketball, but love watching Lebron.
I do love hockey, and the Bluejackets are awesome. But, I don't get to see them much.
So, I mostly root for my Bucks, and the Chargers, my winning teams.
Plus, Ray and I have Chargers Season tix, and have been going since I moved out to CA 3 years ago. Ray has actually owned the tix for about 7 years. The first year he owned the tix, they went 1-15 with Ryan Leaf. He is truely a loyal fan.
He was so heartbroken on Sunday. It sucks.
My heart was broken, too, but to a lesser degree than when the Bucks f-ed up.
Oh well, what's a girl to do? At least I did not bet on the Chargers. I think I'm giving up betting.
I stress out too much, and can't enjoy the game.

Speaking of enjoying the game, I'm struck with memories of when my sis and I lived back at Ohio State. We lived in several locations around campus - geesh, it seemed like we moved every year, and we did. Anyway, where ever we lived, we always made it down to campus for Bucks home games. We had some friends that lived across the street from the stadium, and charged $20 for parking. We parked for free though. We would walk a half block to the locals' favorite hang out, the Varsity Club, and staked our claim to a place at the bar. There, even though we didn't have tickets to the game, we felt like we were present. The crowd, the cheering, it was vintage good cheer - the kind where everyone is just there to have a good time.

Aaaahhh....the good ole sporting event. It's a place where joy and heartache often collide.

2 comments:

smokkee said...

football is a lot like poker, it can be a mutha sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Tough sports week for you guys...

Thanks for playing in The Mookie last night.