All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Our Little Donkey and some Psych info (WARNING: non-poker related content)


Here is an updated picture of our puppy, little Smokkee.
I absolutely adore him! He's such a good boy.
Ray laughs at me because I send the puppy to doggy day care a few days a week.
It gets him socialized with other dogs, and he gets lots of exercise!!

I've been busy applying to PhD programs in Clinical Psych.
I'm applying to the University of Las Vegas, the University of North Carolina, Greesnboro, Alliant University in CA, and Argosy University in CA. They all require Transcripts from all 3 schools I've attended, letters of recommendation, a personal statement/essay, a resume, application and fees. Whew - soo much work!! Many of my professors from my Masters Degree program have been very happy to write letters. Ordering transcripts has been painful. My personal essay was difficult to write, but easy to conform to each school's requirements.

They want to know all about your personal struggles, why you will be a good therapist, and what you will base not only your therapy strategy on (theory), but what you plan to research for a possible Dissertation topic. My dissertation must explore a topic that is interesting to others and myself and invokes numerous job opportunities. Attachment theory and morality, for me, have become two key fields of interest and possible dissertation topic areas. I tentatively plan to investigate the development of attachment during childhood, and the establishment of morality, as they relate to the criminal mind. I am interested in interventions during adolescence that will redirect at-risk children to healthier ways of expressing themselves.

9 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Sounds like some interesting stuff. Have you considered UC Berkeley? That is where I went.

Dr. Fuel, PhD

CarmenSinCity said...

I hope hope hope you get into the Vegas school. You NEED to be here with me.

You cute little doggy smokkee looks just like my cute little dog lucy. They will be good friends soon for sure!

CarmenSinCity said...

I hope hope hope you get into the Vegas school. You NEED to be here with me.

You cute little doggy smokkee looks just like my cute little dog lucy. They will be good friends soon for sure!

smokkee said...

vegas baby !

Unknown said...

And I just thought you were a blonde with big boobs. Very impressive, elf. I took three psych classes in college and loved them.

Love_elf said...

UC Berkley looks interesting, Fuel.
Will have to check into it. Did not know you had your PhD - what's it in? That's awesome!!

Although, my first choice would be VEGAS baby!!!

SirFWALGMan said...

You mean you can give ME social skills? WOW! Science is Amazing!!!!

lightning36 said...

I have my M.S. in Clinical but am not masochistic enough to go on for my PhD. Good luck with your applications.

Anonymous said...

Really great blog very informative re luxor las vegas. In a simliar vain I would definitely recommend http://www.bargainplace.co.uk for **gaming sites** or **betting sites**. Also for people who bet on football matches you can check the latest soccer fixtures, latest scores/scorers/tables from around the world at **http://www.freepremiership.com**. **http://www.freepremiership.com** also has live football/soccer streams for games on the internet and other football links.