All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Vegas Day 2


Saturday morning I headed down to the spa for my massage/detox/relaxation.

After about 3 bottles of water my name was called by this tiny little Japanese woman who announced she would be my therapist. She chatted rapidly as we walked to the massage room, and I simply nodded my head several times as I could not understand half of what she was saying. This little lady proceeded to give me the best massage I think I've ever had! I get massages on a pretty regular basis - part of physical therapy for a bad back - and this one was truly amazing! I will definitely go back to her the next time I'm in Vegas. She even massaged my scalp - I love that - and ended with a eucalyptus wrap on my feet, and at my temples while she massaged them too.

I also jumped into the jacuzzi for a while. It was very hot and bubbly. I was the only one there (good thing, cause I forgot my suit). After my morning of relaxation, I headed back up to the room to meet my hubby. He was happily blogging and playing on line cash games.

Before catching a cab to the Caesars, I wanted to return those horrible shoes I bought the night before. Luckily, we spotted the same store, Shooz, at the Paris. We went in and I explained that I had bought these shoes the night before at the Venetian, I hardly wore them, and they are painfully uncomfortable. The snobby sales girl raised her eyebrow at me, as if to say, "ya, you probably wore these out partying last night, and can't afford them, so want to return them." (she and I hit it off immediately, as I called her Bio-tch several times in my head). She called her manager over and she looked at the bottom of the shoes, shaking her head and smirking, she said "Oh, these have been worn. We can only give you an in-store credit. And, Oh, since they've been worn, we'll have to adjust the price down". BITCH! Anyway, I looked around the store and found this really cute Guess handbag. But, it had a little scratch on the front. I asked the first girl if she had another one in the back, and without checking, she said, "no, I'm sorry, we don't". She did ofter to try and "clean" the scratch off. This only made it worse. I asked her if she "could adjust the price down" because of the scratch, and she said "no, because someone else might want to buy it." BITCH! At this point I'm in tears, frustrated about being treated this way, and sick because I spent the money foolishly the night before. I basically decided to keep the original shoes and left that store. I will never buy from them again.

After this great experience, Ray and I went for lunch. He had promised me that we would have sushi this weekend, and we did. We ended up at Ichiban @ Bally's. We had a great little waitress! I ordered a glass of plum wine, and when she brought it, it actually had a small, unripened plum in it. It kinda looked like a brain, and made me laugh, dissolving the tension and frustration from that stupid shoe store - aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh back to my Zen place.

We took a quick little detour to the Rio to meet up with Pauly, Cali Jen and to check on F-Train. Pauly was awesome, as usual, and was on his way out to a concert. Before he left, he introduced us to Cali Jen. She and Ray talked business for a second, then Ray and Pauly chatted. Jen and I joked about poker, the players, getting into the Main Event, etc., girl-talking until Ray was ready to go. We said our good-byes and headed out.

We went over to Caesars from there to see how everyone was doing in the noon $340 Megastack tournament. We got there around 5:30pm to find out only Astin and Weak_Player were still alive riding short stacks. Ray played cash games, and I continued my "luxuriation" and went shopping. I ended up at the best little lingerie shop in the world. Yes, I made a purchase. Ray was in heaven. This is one purchase I will not be returning. We headed back to our room @ the Paris...

When we got there, we discovered a cold bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries that were delivered seemingly several hours prior. The ice was almost completely melted but the bottle was still cold. I immediately told Ray that it was probably from Naida at Bodog. But, since there was no card or note I got on the phone to room service to identify the culprit. Evidentally, they had no record of the delivery, and therefore no name. They said to "enjoy" the mix-up (this was no cheap bottle of champagne, by the way).

Since we were dead tired, we decided to save it for the morning and have mimosas with breakfast in the room. However, I couldn't resist the urge to take in one of the strawberries. It put a BIG smile on my face and sent me happily off to dreamland.

No comments: