All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Vegas day two, and three

Woke up Sunday morning around 6am and took 2 Aleve to stop the throbbing in my head.

Woke up again around 10 and took 2 more. Note to self: don't try to keep up with Al in the alcoholic beverage drinking department (yes, I tell myself this every year).

We decided to have breakfast in the room. It's always good to get something greasy in the tummy to help with a hang over. So we got to IP a little late - around 2pm, during the 2nd round of football games. Our first stop was the bar to get our bucket of beer (hair of the dog), then headed over to find a table amidst all the other bloggers. My next goal was to search out Falstaff.

Soon after we sat down, however, he appeared at my side, saving me the search. Falstaff!!! Always good to see you! We talked for a long while about the Charlotte area, and he gave us advice about certain areas to scout out for our move in the next year and a half or so (thanks!). Then Dawn Summers shows up and Falstaff bets her that he can name more former Panthers players than she can name current Pats. Falstaff's 15 went down to Dawn's 35 players. Here are some pics:

Soon after that, the very lucky team of Joanne and Buddy started buying shots. Here's a pic of Recess Rampage, Joanne, BD, Smokkee, Joshua Carlson and me, the love elf, doing our first of several (ugg) shots that day:

Oh, and Bayne finally showed up sometime into the second games. I always have to get my pic with him - it's tradition. I just decided that right now - lol.


The happy couple:



On our way home Monday, we hit some pretty nasty weather:

So that's it for this year's trip report. It was a great time and always fun to see friends. As usual, I wish I would have spent more time with the many other bloggers there, but there's always next year, and the next. A special thanks to Peaker for going to dinner with us Saturday. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of us! boooooo elf.

No comments: