All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Vegas Baby!!

Okay, finally!! The Vegas report.

So Ray and I went back and forth tons before deciding to come to Vegas for the Blogger Winter Formal (lol). We were able to make the trip really cheap by using points for the room, and driving. However, these were only a few of the factors that influenced our decision. When we really thought about it, the reasons for going very much out-weighed the reasons for staying home. Even though many of our regular blogger buddies were not making an appearance (Hoy, Iak, Mook), there were soooo many that were, like Fuel, Waffs, Al, Iggy, Gcox, and Bayne. Plus, there were gobbs of new bloggers that I was dying to meet in person, like Peaker, IT and Buddy. I wanted to say hello to Blood and meet Astin for the first time, which I did. I got to hug two of my favorite bloggers, Carmen and Don. I also got to hug another hottie, LJ. You know, when we were considering coming to Vegas, we first thought, Hell no, we can't go. We had just had the wedding, and the honeymoon, and were focusing on saving $$$. But then, we looked at each other, thought about what we would be missing and there really was no decision to make at that point - we had to go to Vegas. As those of you who migrated for the first time and for the fourth time can attest, there is too much to lose by not diving head first into this event. There is just something about this group of people. I mean, you find your cliques, the people you immediately connect with, but some you just don't. Either way, it's OK. You will make friends for life. Friends that you can connect with in a moment, for a lifetime.

Now for the pics:

Al (my own little therapist) and me:
(Note to self: Al has wisdom that cannot be overlooked. Must not frivolously waste time with Al chatting about stupid things. Instead, talk about the important things that matter, to which he will respond, Let us drink SoCo. )

Al, Peaker ((peaking) (Peaker is an awsome guy - smart, well spoken and the best husband/father), Waffles (my little psycho) and my baby Smokkee (my Love):

FTrain and Gcox :



Instant Tragedy (What can I say? You delighted me with your genuine sincerity and depth of emotion), Me (sporting the attractive low-cut thermals - it gets Cold in Vegas this time of year!) and Smokkee (bring me my iced coffee, baby, With whipped cream):



ScottMC's heartbreak (I almost cried when this didn't hit. Most of Sunday evening was spent in quiet anticipation of ScottMC's bet-$20-to-win-$3,200 10-game parlay. Can I just say SottMC reminds me of my brother- looks just like him - and I felt a very emotionally tied to him and this ticket. I fished it out of the bucket that Scott's dream went (literally) up in flames in):

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was truly "the moment" of my trip. I was blessed to have talked to you that one moment, and I was lucky that you listened and I am sorry I made you cry.

But no regrets Tina, just happiness and joy to you and all!

We came together to touch others and be touched and all of our hearts will never be the same ever.

Give your husband a big hug, for he is fortunate to have you.

Sometimes you have to jump into the deep end to realize that you won't drown.

People will always be there to lift you when you are down, laugh when your heart is hurting and listen when you are just wasting time.

Thank you for your smile and your kind words about me.

IT aka Sean

Unknown said...

I agree with IT, thanks for the kind words sweetie and I will listen to you tonight while playing Bodog!!!

AlCantHang said...

It's always a pleasure.

And I'm not so sure on that whole "wisdom" thing. When in doubt I ask Mr. SoCo.

ScottMcM said...

LOVE IT BABE!!!

Great picture and it was great to meet you. I am finally home from the trip and the follow up trip to the hospital. Look for my trip report soon.