All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Wow - has it really been so long?

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. I guess time flies when you are busy. I have been wrapping up my part-time internship and am preparing for next year's. I will be working with severely emotionally disturbed kids. Should be a good learning experience. I also wrapped up my summer semester at school. Hard to believe I will be startingg my third year soon. Whew. It's almost over (the school part) - one more year of that.

I am also preparing for comps (comprehensive exams). They happen the week of Aug. 10 and will be a total biotch. They are a series of exams over everything we have learned thus far. I get a bunch of questions a 9am and have until 9pm to respond. The next day, the same thing. All week long! Ugg

In the midst of all that, I have started the application process for my big, full time internship. Apps are due by mid-December, so I have some time. But, I know it will sneak up on me fast.

Lastly, I have started my dissertation. Quess what it's on? The Effects of Childhood Trauma on Adult Substance Use, Gambling Behaviors, Problem Severity and Personality Variables. Should be interesting. I wanted to do something with kids, but it turns out that it's way to difficutl to get approval from the Internal Review Board. So, I am examining adult behaviors as related to childhood.

I miss keeping in touch with you all! Ray and I will likely make the trip to Vegas in December, so I look forward to that!

3 comments:

BWoP said...

GL on your comps! Sounds pretty miserable (much like the stupid bar exam for lawyers).

I hope to see you in December :-)

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott said...

How did your exams go?