All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Ray's Birthday

Tomorrow is Ray's birthday!
I took him out to a nice dinner on Saturday at the Salt Creek Grill in Dana Point.
Sunday we went on Ray's brother's boat for some ocean fishing.
We both got a few nibbles, but weren't able to pull anything up.
As part of Ray's birthday gifts, I got him a new fishing poll. He was so excited!!
And, we got a tutorial on how to tie knots from the guy at SportMart.
Good times.
I got a little sick on the boat, but was able to keep my lunch down. Whew!
Tomorrow I have a special little surprise for Ray.....

Next Saturday we are hosting an OCPT home game.
It's a standard $20+Rebuy special event structure.
Cards are in the air at 6PM.
Look here for info on the record breaking attendance and prize pool the last time we hosted an event.

I'm in charge of the food again.
This time, I think I will make the meatballs I made last time, a sweet and sour keilbasa dish, maybe a pasta, and perhaps some pizza bagels. Plus the regular stuff like chips and a cheese plate with crackers. If anyone knows of any other quick and easy appetizers, lemme know. I'm alway game to try something new!

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Happy birthday old person.

Astin said...

How quick and easy?

Vodka-spiked cherry tomatoes require some work (blanching and peeling tomatoes), but are otherwise easy and boozy.

Guacamole is a piece of cake... or 7-layer dip.

Parmesan chips (layer of fresh-graated parmesan, baked until melted, golden and crispy, broken up)

Skewers, be it fruit, meat, or veggies.

Just some suggestions off the top of my head.