All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Practicum

I have my practicum (mini internship - 16 hours a week for a year) assignment for this fall/spring/summer.
I'll be working at the Intercommunity Counseling Center, in Whittier, doing Psychological testing. I'll basically be doing cognitive testing, which determines IQ, information processing speed, abstract reasoning, etc, maybe some learning disability testing, including ADHD and reading/math problems.

I'll also be doing personality testing with the MMPI, the PAI and the Rorschach.
These tests tell us more about how the individual performs on an intimate level - personality type, tendencies; potentially why people do what they do.

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Man I thought you meant a visit to the Anal doctor.. I was getting all ready to read.. and then you say its just some testing of some snot nose kids. jeeeze.

kurokitty said...

Perhaps Waffles would be a good guinea pig for your tests! lol