All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Fantasy Football and Depression (an unintentional combo)

Well, I did better last week - squeaked into the points.
But, I still have a way to go! I think I'm in like 22nd place or something - pretty sad compared to last year.

By the way, today is National Depression Screening day. We are holding screenings at ICC, the center where I intern. The screening consists of a questionnaire that actually addresses depression, anxiety, mood disorder and PTSD. The depression section asks you to rate (all of the time, most of the time, some of the time or none of the time) how you've been feeling over the past two weeks on the following:

Have you...

1. been feeling low in energy, slowed down?

2. been blaming yourself for things?

3. had poor appetite?

4. had difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep?

5. been feeling hopeless about the future?

6. been feeling blue?

7. been feeling no interest in things?

8. had feelings of worthlessness?

9. thought about or wanted to commit suicide?

10. had difficulty concentrating or making decisions?

If anyone out there thinks they might be suffering from depression and would like to talk, I'm here. Please don't hesitate to contact me.

No comments: