All I've ever wanted is to make a difference in someone's life.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Burn out

I have to say, guys, I'm getting a bit burnt out.
I work full time from 8am to 4pm and go to school full time (4 classes) - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights until 9pm.
Weekends and weeknights that I don't have school are spent studying, cleaning, errands, etc. ugggg
And now, I was informed that I have to attend a stoopid work meeting this Saturday - this is seriously cutting into my study time!!!
With finals quickly approaching, I need some suggestions on how to fix/reduce/conquer burn out!!

On a good note, I'm 1/3 finished with this semester, so it'll only hurt for a while longer. Then, I go into summer session I, and will probably only take 1 or two classes (a much needed break).
Practicum starts next fall, and I'm trying to decide which ones to list as my "preferred" sites. There is one location at the school, doing psychological testing on other students - mostly from the Southern Cali Art Institute (this one should be interesting). The other two I'm looking at deal with Adolescents and their families. I would be doing testing and some crisis intervention stuff, maybe some group therapy, etc. One of these sites works with Juvenile offenders; the other with foster kids. Both are conveniently located in Orange County.

So, we'll see what happens. Whew - I feel better already just venting a little! I really wish I could get more sleep though! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4 comments:

Fuel55 said...

Get Ray to do the grunt work.

Love_elf said...

LOL - he does help a TON. But, there are just some things that a lady prefers to take care of herself. You know - all those little anal-retentive details like fluffing the pillows and polishing the silver!

SirFWALGMan said...

No No no Fuel means tell that deadbeat to make more money so you can stay at home while you go to school.. he should be taking care of you baby!!! Darn deadbeat. ;)

bayne_s said...

You do need to find a better provider to pamper you.

Waffles would certainly take better care of you.